Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day We Can Never Forget

So I really want this blog to be a place to escape...a haven if you will. I don't want to talk about all the bad stuff going on in the world. I want to focus on the beautiful, fun things in life. But there is no way to post on September 11th and not remember...

This morning as I drove to work, the DJ on my favorite Christian station was talking about 9/11. I thought to myself that it really didn't effect me anymore. That was something I never thought would happen. Could I be over it? Then he played the "Silent Night" song with "God's" voice describing how he was with each person that day. I lost it. I spent my 7th consecutive September 11th crying in my car...

Work commitments today brought me to the exact building I was in 7 years ago the moment I heard the news of the first plane hitting the WTC. I haven't been inside that building in almost 7 years. How weird is that?

Life changed for all of us that day. My eyes were opened to an evil hatred that I couldn't fathom. I will never understand...and I never want to. I will just hug my babies tighter and pray for the world they will grow up in. I'm on my knees for them and for you tonight...I love you all!

Dana

No comments: