Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beautiful Life update

You think I've fallen off the wagon, don't you? You can admit it. I don't really blame you, because I certainly haven't kept you informed about my progress in my quest for a beautiful life.

Let's just say that January got off to a slow start with my healthy living goal. But toward the end of the month, I got it in gear and started making healthier food choices and became reacquainted with my lonely elliptical machine. Yesterday I picked up the Abs Diet book and am excited about working some of those concepts into my regimen.

February has been a good month for my goals. Not only have I continued on with the healthy living changes, but I've been bitten by the organization bug and completed several projects that were crying out for my attention. First order of business was my computer area. This little space gets so junked up! Here's what it looked like before I tackled it -



I blame this mess for my extended blogging absences. Who would want to sit here for any extended period of time?


Here's the after -





Everything has a place and I'm able to focus on the task at hand since I'm not paranoid about the mountain of junk falling out and burying me. Sweet peace.

The other thing I was able to accomplish (by sacrificing a precious Sunday afternoon nap) was to organize the bookshelf in the office. I don't have a before, but suffice it to say that it was scary. The books were on the shelf willy-nilly and it stressed me out to even look in their direction, much less try to find one to read in that chaos!

Here's the after -

I'm a visual person, so I tend to remember what a book looks like. It's very easy for me to locate a book in my new color coded system, and it gives order to the shelf, which brings me serenity and joy!
I also spruced up the master bedroom with help from my close, personal friend the Nester (whom I have never met and who doesn't know me from the man in the moon). See it here.

I have miles to travel on this organizing journey, but at least I'm on the road. I'm committed to carrying each new goal with me into the following months and making them a new way of life, not just a phase to be abandoned quickly.

Head on over to The Inspired Room for your daily dose of inspiration. Seeing other's successes really motivates me!

Have a beautiful day!
Dana

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Great afters! Isn't it amazing that it really takes so little time to tackle a small area but we make it so big in our minds? Your home is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

What a difference, I'm always amazed at the things I always put off because they seem too big-but in reality they don't take long at all! Sometime's it totally worth sacrificing a nap-well, sometimes! :)

Teresa said...

wow, what a change- Do you hire out? :}
Like how things came out for you-
Happy day

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey... you did a fantastic job! Did it all without a nap, you were on a roll. Thanks for sharing in the parties!
~Misti

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I love your photo wall!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, I love it, good work!

:-)

Glad you haven't fallen off the wagon.