Wednesday, February 18, 2009

8th Grade Was Rough

Have I ever told ya'll about my most embarrassing moment? No? Well, it was eighth grade. An entire year can't be considered a moment, you say? I would have to disagree.

It all started in the summer before school started. There was a cute new boy in town named Jeremy. Imagine my delight to find cute, new Jeremy at the YMCA pool when my girlfriends and I arrived one hot day. He was a sight for sore eyes for a gaggle of teen girls who usually shared the pool with housewives striving for a perfect tan. Since I'm such a wallflower and all, I paraded myself and my little bikini straight to the high dive.

Clearly I suffered from a serious lack of self-confidence.

So after executing a perfect dive (at least in my mind), I climbed out of the pool and came face-to-face with my crush, cute, new Jeremy. I flirted with CNJ for a few minutes and turned to return to my friends. As I walked toward them, my friend Kristin got a horrified look on her face and screeched, "Your NIPPLE!" That's right, folks...apparently the force from the Louganis-esque dive had caused my cute little triangle bikini to shift on my nonexistant chest and there for CNJ and all the sun-worshipping housewives to see was my nipple. Let me assure you that the one body part I wasn't trying to flaunt was that one.

Props to CNJ for not letting on that he noticed anything amiss, but there was NO WAY that he didn't!

I'll be back soon to follow up with 8th grade humiliation number two. I know you're on pins and needles...

1 comment:

Lana said...

No matter how many times I hear that story it makes me laugh! What in the world made you think of this today, and why would you blog about your humiliation?? But, at least it didn't dampen your self-confidence one iota...Hugs and kisses, Mom