Friday, January 2, 2009

Beautiful Life


Ok, ya'll. Now I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. I mean, let's face it, I have very little will-power and usually no real motivation to keep them. But this year at The Inspired Room, Melissa is setting some "key word goals" that describe the kind of life she wants to lead in 2009. Since I like the idea, and certainly don't have a better one, I decided to follow suit. I hope that you will join me, but if you don't, why don't you resolve to help me be accountable. Alright, here we go...
How it works: I've set twelve goals - one for each month. These are very general...nothing too restricting. I don't like to be restricted. It's so...restricting. So each day I will try to incorporate as many of these goals as possible into my activities, focusing mainly on the current monthly goal. I know it sounds confusing - I was confused after reading Melissa's post and she has a much better way with words. I think it will become more clear after seeing the goals - here are mine:

January: Healthy Living (such a cliche, I know, but I've gotta do it!)
February: Organization
March: Enrichment - learning something new
April: Solitude/Faith - regular quiet times
May: Family
June: Friends
July: Finances
August: Contentment
September: Routines/Anti-Procrastination
October: Hospitality
November: Gratitude
December: Giving
Occasionally I will post about how I am incorporating these into my everyday life. But don't worry, I will still be regaling ya'll with tales of hands that smell like poop, wildly inappropriate baby wear and other magical moments from our little life!
Love to love ya'll!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I thought that Melissa had a great idea as well! Was just reading her blog last night and decided that it is much better to incorporate one new thing each month rather than trying to fix everything all at once. If you have read my blog then you know that I have a wish list of my own for 2009 - here's hoping that you and your mama can both accomplish our goals! Much love from Mimi